Dr. John L. Marshall
- Chief of Hematology and Oncology Department and Professor of Medicine and Oncology at Georgetown University
- He is an internationally recognized expert in new drug development for GI cancer, with expertise in phase I, II, and III trial design
- He has served as Principal Investigator for more than one hundred clinical trials throughout his career.
- He is an outspoken advocate for GI cancer patients and the importance of clinical research participation.
- He established the Otto J Ruesch Center for the Cure of GI Cancers, an organization solely focused on improving the lives of GI cancer patients through innovative research, personalized medicine, and focused advocacy in 2009.
- In 2015, Dr. Marshall both established and directed the Precision Oncology Alliance, a national alliance established to study the impact of molecular profiling on cancer research, value and outcomes.
- He currently serves as the Oncology CMO for Indivumed, creating a global precision medicine research network.
- In 2020, he and his wife published “Off Our Chests, A Candid Tour Through the World of Cancer”.