Dr. Josep Tabernero
- Head of the Medical Oncology Department at the Vall d’Hebron University Hospital, Director of the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO) and Professor of Medicine at UVic.
- Principal Investigator of several Phase I pharmacodynamic studies and translational projects with tumor-directed targeted therapies and immune therapies.
- Serves on the Editorial Boards of various top tier journals including Annals of Oncology, ESMO Open, Cancer Discovery, Clinical Cancer Research, Cancer Treatment Reviews and Nature Reviews in Clinical Oncology.
- He has (co) authored approximately 500 peer-reviewed papers.
- Previously, he was the President of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) for the term 2018-2019,
- Active member of the American- Association for Cancer Research (AACR) and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- He has also been a member of the Educational and Scientific Committees of the ESMO, ECCO, ASCO, AACR, AACR/NCI/EORTC, ASCO Gastrointestinal, TAT and WCGIC meetings.
- Holds MD and PhD degrees from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain