- CEO of Nipuna Therapeutics, a Precision Immunology company based in Boston.
- An inflammation biologist by training and been working in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry for the last 22 years
- Founded and headed up R&D at Corvidia Therapeutics, a precision cardiovascular company. He spun this company out of AstraZeneca by building the basic science. In June 2020, Corvidia Therapeutics was acquired by Novo Nordisk for a total deal value of 2.1 Billion USD
- Was Director of Emerging Innovations Unit at AstraZeneca, where he enabled multiple clinical studies and developed the core hypothesis of precision cardiovascular therapeutics that formed the basis for Corvidia spinout
- Also Head of Immunology Research, Pharmacokinetics and Toxicology groups at Human Genome Sciences, and was integral to the approval of Benlysta for Lupus and Raxibacumab for Anthrax
- Started his career at Pfizer in Ann Arbor and brought forth the first biologic program for Pfizer’s Global Immunology portfolio. As Head of Biologics Discovery at Pfizer Ann Arbor, he initiated multiple programs across various therapeutic areas, including immunology and cardiovascular space, many of which are currently in various stages of clinical development. Currently, he is on the board of P2D Biosciences and is a founder of multiple start-up biotech companies
Ph.D. from the University of Kentucky and Post-Doctoral training at Vanderbilt