Dr. Chris Proud
- Professor of Molecular and Biomedical Science at University of Adelaide
- Held numerous positions as lecturer, reader or professor in universities in the UK, Germany and Canada before moving to Adelaide, in 2014 as inaugural Theme Leader : Nutrition and Metabolism at SAHMRI, in 2016 as Director of the Lysosomal Diseases Research Unit
- Member of the Editorial Boards of the Biochemical Journal and f1000 Research; holds a Visiting Professorship at China Ocean University in Qingdao
- Also holds a Distinguished Foreign Expert position at Zhejiang University in China
- At the University of Dundee (Scotland), alongside his duties as Head of the Division of Molecular Physiology, he also coordinated the Medical Research Council Nutrient Sensing & Signalling Research Group.